mHUB is actively recruiting for the full-time position of Supplier Network Program Manager. This role will support developing and activating the regional manufacturing and business service provider network while also driving the development of an online technology platform to support ongoing collaboration. Working to bridge the gap between innovators/entrepreneurs and the booming local manufacturing sector, this position will create a gateway to new opportunities for engagement, and business partnerships for both for entrepreneurs and regional manufactures. The platform will serve mHUB as well as peer innovation centers around Chicago, strengthening the ecosystem with a new database for vetted, local suppliers in hardtech production, supply chain, parts suppliers, business development, etc. This role is critical in supporting the growth and development of more than 280+ active companies at mHUB and beyond.
The impact this role can have in the regional economy is endless.
We are looking for a self-starter, motivated and creative thinker with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about rebuilding the Midwest’s manufacturing industry. They should be eager to take initiative and learn new technologies and should have the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
This position is open immediately.
Description of Responsibilities
The Supplier Network Program Manager is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Programs and Engagement with primary responsibilities that include:
- Expand the existing interactive network of regional suppliers, contract manufacturers, and business-related service providers.
- Design and build a robust, multidisciplinary, multisector network to provide startups, suppliers, and service providers access to a community-validated and reviewed marketplace.
- Create system for assessment and matching needs of startups with suppliers available in the network.
- Explore ways in which Supplier Network can become financially sustainable through funding opportunities, fee for service, or other models.
- Create a measurement system that allows tracking of connections and outcomes.
- Engage with peer innovation centers in Chicago to meet the varied needs of the ecosystem
- Design and facilitate an engagement strategy for the network and mHUB community, working across departments to ensure a clear, strong SME engagement strategy.
- Other tasks as needed
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, supply chain, and/or engineering fields required
- 3-5 years’ of experience developing, overseeing and executing projects and associated deliverables required
- Experience with CRM database required
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Intimate knowledge and relationships with the Chicagoland technology and innovation ecosystem and/or local manufacturing and business supports community
- A passion for civic engagement that provides impact and growth for the region
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with various leadership/staff levels and industry expertise
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please complete this form by August 20th